Pages

Monday 24 March 2014

Jerez & Cadiz - a very late post....

So after my blog planning post I kind of lost track of time and forgot to update this with my recent adventures - terrible! Anyway better late than never...


At the end of January Drew's parents, sister and a couple of our friends flew over to Spain for the Formula 1 test days at Jerez.


Drew posing with a can of olives...


So whilst the guys were enjoying some beers and watching the F1 (and enjoying their 5 minutes of fame being interviewed for Sky Sports), Alma, Vicky and I headed out exploring in Jerez (day 1) and Cadiz (day 2).

Jerez

We spend the day wondering around, and getting slightly lost whilst sightseeing and doing a spot of shopping. Jerez itself is pretty small and full of cobbled streets and orange trees.






Jerez Cathedral



Cadiz


Cadiz was lovely and I wish I had time to go back with Drew. The day here was spent much like Jerez with us wondering around the sights with the added bonus of a delicious lunch at a vegetarian restaurant. If you are vegetarian then Spain is not great for eating out as you are basically limited to potatoes and omelet in most restaurants. I found La Cueva through searching on my TripAdvisor app (a must have when you cant decide where to eat!) and we all loved it. They served vegetarian and gluten free food in tapas style and every dish we had was delicious (sadly we were so hungry we forgot to take photos!). 

If you are visiting Jerez or Cadiz I highly recommed visiting both of them. Very easy to get to by train or by car in around 40 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow my blog with Bloglovin