Pages

Friday 30 May 2014

Hummingbird Bakery Cupcakes

For Christmas I received a copy of The Hummingbird Bakery Cook Book which is full of tempting treats such as cupcakes, brownies, muffins and pies. I couldn't wait to attempt to make something but our little (ha!) 3 month trip to Spain meant I had to put my baking plans on hold. Finally last night I got messy in the kitchen making their vanilla cupcakes and I was impressed how easy they were!

After only 1 potential disastrous mistake (forgetting to add sugar to the mix!) the cupcakes turned out quite well. The were a lovely golden brown colour and the frosting was nice and soft (and tasty!). I added some sprinkles and edible butterflies for decoration...






After a taste test I thought they were suitable for sharing at work and everyone seems to have enjoyed them. Only downside is there isn't any left for me! Oh well, I will need to make more next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow my blog with Bloglovin